Today, I am here to discuss about Cloud Storage. This is word nowadays almost all must have heard from their Email Provider or on Advertisements. Even Mobiles tell us to save our Data into cloud. So, finally I am here to clear your confusion and to tell you all I know about Cloud Storage.
- Suppose You have Files stored in your Office PC, you came out of office and need that file urgently, or you have more work and want to work from Home also.
- You took a Image from Camera and want that photo on your PC Also.
- You frequently have problems with your Device and need them repair and high chances of data Loose.
- You are tech guy and try latest softwares and Operating System in your Main Machine (Mobile, PC, Laptop). In that case each time you need to format your machines and you will loose all files including important files.
- You work on public computer and don’t want to save your Files there.
There are so many such situations which cause us to search for a place to save our data that we can access anywhere, anytime. Architects then came with Idea to utilize Web Hosting Service to full fill the requirement. But make them more secure and only accessible using Authenticated Process.
So they created Web Service APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and make some kind of Web Software (Browser based) and other application for various devices. Most of them are Paid but some services offer some Free space also.
The Computer Software Giant Microsoft has Launched a Service named Windows Live Folders later known as SkyDrive on 1 August 2007. This is currently Offering 25 GB Free Space to earlier users and 7 GB for New users registered after 22 April 2012. More space can be purchased.
Also Internet Giant Google has launched a Service called Google Drive on 24 April 2012. Which is offering 15 GB data for Free. This is enhanced and combined storage for GMail, Photos and Documents and Files.
Also there are many such services like Box, Dropbox and many more. I will be discussing more details about these Services in Future Posts.
Till then read earlier posts, you can add me on Google Plus using +John Bhatt .