The actual problem has arise after last upgrade. Music App in Windows 8 has left showing songs that is stored in hard disc of computer. I have tried several methods that are suggested and logical.
- Un-installed application and installed from Store.
- Cleared all temporary data for application and restored its setting.
- Changed location setting to United States or United Kingdom but none of them worked.
- Changed Microsoft Account to local account.
- Re-installed windows using Clean format.
- Many more tricks that are suitable as condition and found in various social sites or as suggested by Microsoft support personnels.
When searching for that problem, somewhere over internet I found a solution. You want to know the trick huh….
Suggestion 1: Well solution is to delete your partition, format location and re-create the partition to get its state back as it was.
Suggestion 2: Reset permission, user from security settings in drive.
First is nearly impossible for me. After following many tricks, I finally came with some solution.
I did some trick, rather than deleting partition and formatting and getting its state back,
I moved music data to another partition which was showing properly in Search Indexing option.
- Check if you have added folder to music library.
- If first step is OK, then check the status in Windows Media Player> Right click on Music in left navigation (Library view) > Manage Music Library.
- If this is showing non responsive then move files to other partition.
- If showing OK or nothing special remark, type Indexing service in smart screen.
- Open Indexing Service Options and click on modify to add your audio folder.
- Close the Indexing Options screen once you finish selecting folders. This will solve your all problems.
Finally this solved the problem for now.
But that was too hard when you have situation like mine.
Do not forget to leave comment.