Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 10 Insider Preview. Lets find in more detail about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040.
What’s New in Build 17040?
- Settings App is improved and now Brightness of SDR content can be adjusted on HDR display right from Settings app itself.
- Updated Ease of Access, new cursor settings have been placed for more ease.
- Touch Keyboard Improvement. As we shared last week how Physical Keyboard can Auto-Suggest new words as we type in Build 17035, this version has improvement for Touch Keyboard. More precise Flow Typing is introduced.
- There is much more improvement in Handwriting panel. It can now understand your writing more precisely.
Along with this, there are lot more improvements.
You can read entire post here.
Known Issues in Build 17040?
Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds are unreleased version of Windows and have something broken in functionality. Insider community tests new features and reports broken things via Feedback Hub. So in this post, some issues are known and major are below.
- If VPN authenticates via pop-up Windows form, it may not connect with error 720.
- Mail, Cortana and some other features like Media Player might not be working for some users.
If you have separate machine for testing, you can install and give it a try.