Once again, a new post for all blogger friends. As you are aware, the quality back-link has great value in website ranking. Most of blogger want to increase their ranking on various measurement tools and follow many tricks. They use many tools available over internet.
CommentLuv / IntenseDebate
In case of blog, one of the most used and must have feature is comment system. You should know what your visitor think about your post, so there should be a commenting system which is powerful, can protect spam, give you ability to control them and other administration features. Disqus is one of the most used commenting system. Another powerful and most used commenting platform is CommentLuv from IntenseDebate. This is an Automattic product. Automattic is company which made WordPress, JetPack, Askimet and other web products which are used by approx 70-80 % of web-masters. So by default, CommenLuv comes with Askimet spam protection which is actually powerful and blocks spam without any extra effort. Best thing about IntenseDebate is it is free. We will learn how to integrate CommentLuv comments with blogger template so that our blog can display and work with IntenseDebate commenting system.
- Open http://intensedebate.com/signup.
- Fill the required details, If you have already got a WodPress.com account, you can login using WordPress API.
- If you are registering for first time, you must confirm your email id. Check you inbox and confirm email.
- Login to intensedebate.com using your username/password.
- Click on Sites menu and choose Add Blog/Site or navigate to https://intensedebate.com/install
- Put the domain of your blog. They have great support for Blogger. You can put your custom domain or blogger.com domain name and click next.
- This is choose your platform screen. Currently they have automated tools for WordPress.org, TypePad, tumblr and Blogger. Click on Blogger button. Remember, classic blogger is not supported.
- Now the next step is to login to blogger. Remember, you are using Modern version of Blogger. Navigate to Template section.
- Click on Backup/Restore button on right top corner.
- You will be asked to download the template or upload. Click on “Download Full Template” button.
- Save this XML file (blogger template) to hard disc. Now navigate back to IntenseDebate website.
- Next screen is installer screen for blogger. There are some steps. They will ask you either you want to put commenting system in all posts or in new posts only. Selecting All posts will delete all older comments made using Blogger comment system. So this is not recommended if you have lots of comments in website earlier.
- There is a File Upload button in Step 5, click on button, upload your newly saved XML template. The rest is on IntenseDebate.
- Once file is uploaded, they read content and place all settings and codes themselves in template and write all code in a textbox.
- Now copy all that text and navigate to blogger. Click on Edit HTML button.
- Replace all content in editor and click on Save Template button. Your all existing script customizations, texts, widgets will remain same and as per your settings, you can see the IntenseDebate commending system enabled in your blog posts.